Getting Engaged And Contemplating A Christmas Proposal? The sparkling lights. The falling snow. The gift-giving. Undoubtedly, Christmas is one of the most romantic moments of the year. Plan the most romantic Christmas proposal ever with one of our 10 dreamy ideas.
Christmas is also the most popular day of the year to pop the question, followed by New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. And, now it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, the most glorious season of the year. Full of cheer, joy, laughter, love, and mistletoes, Christmas is the perfect time to pop the question.
It’s already a festive time of year, and well, you don’t have to spend a fortune on decorating the scene, because yay, it’s Christmas. There are beautiful holiday decorations, incredible as a backdrop for your proposal practically everywhere you turn!
Many couples want to kick off Christmas time in a joyful tone, and a proposal is undoubtedly one of the best ideas to do just that! Chances are that it doesn’t matter where you propose. It’s mostly because your future bride will be so excited that she will hardly notice anything else but you.
So, the timing or the atmosphere of the proposal do not really matter. Of course, the advantage of giving an engagement ring as a Christmas present is that you don’t have to buy two gifts, the ring, and a Christmas gift. However, be aware that some women put feeling into the actual proposal and when the ring is given.
Christmas is a definitely dreamy time to get engaged, and it’s very romantic. Just remember that the proposal is actually about the two of you and the life you want to have together. So, tailor the proposal to the personality of your girlfriend.
If she is a private person, a big gathering might not be ideal. On the other hand, if she’s an extrovert, hey, you can pop the question on the ice-rink below the Rockefeller Center.
If you want some inspiration, here we offer a few excellent ideas for you:
1. Personalize a Christmas Tree Decoration and Plan a Christmas Treasure Hunt by creating all of your clues that will lead to the ring as the treasure. She may be expecting only a fabulous gift…
2. Book a Romantic Skiing or Mountain Trip just because it’s hard to think of a more romantic setting than amongst the snow-dusted mountains.
3. Head Into The Woods or to a Christmas Tree Farm – and take home the tree you got engaged next to!
4. Sneak a Message into Her Mug – surprise the love of your life with breakfast in bed on Christmas morning – made even more special by making them a cup of tea that ends with a proposal.
5. If you have kids already, Get Your Little One Involved – create a gorgeous “WILL YOU MARRY ME” babygrow.
6. Put a fabulous engagement ring into a Christmas ornament – and wait … imagine … an engagement ring, hidden inside an ornament, waiting to be found on Christmas Day.
7. Write your marriage proposal with Christmas lights. Lights are an essential part of a festive atmosphere, so including some in a Christmas proposal is a must. So, first, you will have to sneak out for a long enough time to spell out “Will You Marry Me” with Christmas lights. And once it’s dark outside and the time is right, have her plug those lights in.
8. Wrap yourself up like a Christmas gift – there are many ways to do this. And all include fun! You could sneak yourself inside a big box, or you could have fun with it and make it evident that you’re a self-wrapped gift. And then just let her unwrap you with that ring.
9. If you don’t live there, Book a Trip to New York. I guess that I don’t have to name all the special places in the world’s most gorgeous Christmassy city. If you don’t really like New York, just chose any city or place famous for its holiday decoration.
10. Or if you have that budget, just Book a big firework!
Well, and if there is one thing we do not recommend is this one – do not use your dog!!! Although it might look like the cutest and most romantic idea, do not try your luck. You might never see that ring again 🤣
We just used images from our Instagram, and you should follow it for daily inspiration too.
Also, check our website for more engagement or proposal advice or amazing vendors.